Discover Through Learning
22 Jun. 2018
In English “please” is not used as a reply to “Thank you”. True or False
1. Added to a request in order to be polite: …, please.
2. Used when handing something to someone: There / Here you go! or Please!
3. Used as a polite response to Thank you: Not at all. My pleasure. Your welcome.
4. Used to indicate that you didn’t hear what someone said: Sorry? Pardon? I beg your pardon?
5. Used when you allow someone to speak before you: Go ahead! After you!
(1 of 1)
More Free Resources: